Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Working to the Oldies

Sitting at my desk moving in my seat listening to the oldies. Nothing like it. Right now on the radio is Bachman Turner Overdrive Taking Care of Business. How many times have I wished so bad that our YOGA instructor (I fondly call the YOGA Monster) would play some Led Zepplin Whole Lotta Love. Or even some Stairway to Heaven for the corpse pose. This morning on the way to work it was John Fred & his Playboys Judy in Disguise. I always thought the guy was saying "Judy in the Sky." There is nothing like reminiscing through old music. Yuck! I hate that word old, because it IS the music that makes us feel young!

2 comments:

  1. So true! Every now and then I look up the lyrics to the songs I LOVED! Realized I liked mine better at times! My kids, 9th grader and 7th grader, always asked to change the station in the car afterschool if I happen to be rockin' out!!

    I still do like most of today's music though too.

    Off to the gym to rock my run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, what is so funny is my daughter was raised on the oldies, and sometimes she doesn't understand why she knows all "the words." Funny how precious moments like that can be. My son on the other hand who is 11 years younger doesn't have a clue as to who the incredible artists are. Led Zeppelin who? Have an awesome weekend.

      Delete