Saturday, October 12, 2013
|Dirty Mudder Puckers -- 4116 Christy, 4117 Sharon, 4169 Yesenia|
Monday, October 7, 2013
|WHAT A FEELING|
|Dirty Mudder Puckers - Bad to the Bone|
- Run Run Run -- some of the web research that I did indicates not to practice jogging or running -- but to sprint. This particular run had more than sprinting! There was a lot of RUNNING! Prepare.
- Mud Run means just that - Mud! Get ready to have mud in places you never thought possible, and don't expect all of the mud to be gone after one shower.
- No matter what type of shoes you invest in, there will be mud and small pebbles inside them as you are running.
- You CAN save your shoes ----- we washed an entire river of mud and pebbles out of my shoes with a water hose. My white tank ---- that's another story (it is brown now).
- Practice bear crawls; crawling on your belly while pulling with your arms and knees; climbing ropes ---- some HIGH; practice crawling out into a plank and then follow with your feet walkup to a pike and back again; weight train.
- I give kudos to all of the women than ran -- some in shape and some not. Those that were not in shape KEPT ON GOING for the Cause and I salute them!
- Be prepared to be sore and possibly hurt.
- Most of all --- HAVE A GOOD TIME. I loved it and will do it again.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Peaking now Baby! We are on the way to having a very successful Mud Run. Trained Monday with crawls, squats, jumps, and sprints (of course some light weights too). Tuesday -- we killed it in Nike Training Class!!!! Holy Cow -- we teamed up and I am talking some good sweat swapping. Got another volunteer today for my team -- I am stoked!!! There is still time ladies.
Sunday, September 29, 2013
To celebrate my first mud run with the Dirty Girls Mud Run supporting breast cancer research and the National Breast Cancer Foundation, I am offering BOTH of my e-books FREE for the day of the race -- OCTOBER 5, 2013. There is still time to join my team -- Dirty Mudder Puckers. Come run for a good cause AND don't forget to log into Amazon for your free e-books Stilettos to Pom-Poms and Triple F - Fifty Fit and Fabulous on October 5th.
Saturday, September 28, 2013
We've got a week until the Dirty Girls Mud Run event, and the excitement is building. Been hitting the gym hard with running drills, sprints, and of course Yoga. Always sore on Saturday morning (rest day), and then the dance team hits it hard again on Sunday afternoon. Not knowing what to expect makes this event even that much more exciting. Hopefully, I have over trained for the event and it will make me want to advance to the next level. I'd really like to hear from male/females that do mud run events.