- Hatha - physical poses as a way toward self-realization.
- Vinyasa -- Fluid movements and frequent switching between poses, thus raising the heart rate.
- Ashtanga -- Fast-paced cardio with strength training (vigorous and awesome).
- Power Vinyasa -- More physical and taxing than vinyasa and does not have a set sequence of poses.
- Iyengar -- Perfect alignment, using props such as belts, belts and blankets.
- Bikram -- "Hot Yoga" -- 26-pose sequence in temps that can reach 105 degrees and up to 40% humidity.
- Mamaste -- Yoga for women who are pregnant or who have recently had a baby.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Kick Butt and then Yoga!
Yesterday, I was really mean to myself and kicked my butt in a Nike Bootcamp Training Class!!! Was Awesome and Hurt so GOOD! Today, I tuned it down with Yoga. I am sore, and it did help. There are so many types of Yoga for you to try. Challenge yourself today if you are not already a Yoga Buff to try something different -- some are more challenging than others.