Saturday, October 12, 2013
|Dirty Mudder Puckers -- 4116 Christy, 4117 Sharon, 4169 Yesenia|
Monday, October 7, 2013
|WHAT A FEELING|
|Dirty Mudder Puckers - Bad to the Bone|
- Run Run Run -- some of the web research that I did indicates not to practice jogging or running -- but to sprint. This particular run had more than sprinting! There was a lot of RUNNING! Prepare.
- Mud Run means just that - Mud! Get ready to have mud in places you never thought possible, and don't expect all of the mud to be gone after one shower.
- No matter what type of shoes you invest in, there will be mud and small pebbles inside them as you are running.
- You CAN save your shoes ----- we washed an entire river of mud and pebbles out of my shoes with a water hose. My white tank ---- that's another story (it is brown now).
- Practice bear crawls; crawling on your belly while pulling with your arms and knees; climbing ropes ---- some HIGH; practice crawling out into a plank and then follow with your feet walkup to a pike and back again; weight train.
- I give kudos to all of the women than ran -- some in shape and some not. Those that were not in shape KEPT ON GOING for the Cause and I salute them!
- Be prepared to be sore and possibly hurt.
- Most of all --- HAVE A GOOD TIME. I loved it and will do it again.
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Peaking now Baby! We are on the way to having a very successful Mud Run. Trained Monday with crawls, squats, jumps, and sprints (of course some light weights too). Tuesday -- we killed it in Nike Training Class!!!! Holy Cow -- we teamed up and I am talking some good sweat swapping. Got another volunteer today for my team -- I am stoked!!! There is still time ladies.