Sunday, September 29, 2013
To celebrate my first mud run with the Dirty Girls Mud Run supporting breast cancer research and the National Breast Cancer Foundation, I am offering BOTH of my e-books FREE for the day of the race -- OCTOBER 5, 2013. There is still time to join my team -- Dirty Mudder Puckers. Come run for a good cause AND don't forget to log into Amazon for your free e-books Stilettos to Pom-Poms and Triple F - Fifty Fit and Fabulous on October 5th.
Saturday, September 28, 2013
We've got a week until the Dirty Girls Mud Run event, and the excitement is building. Been hitting the gym hard with running drills, sprints, and of course Yoga. Always sore on Saturday morning (rest day), and then the dance team hits it hard again on Sunday afternoon. Not knowing what to expect makes this event even that much more exciting. Hopefully, I have over trained for the event and it will make me want to advance to the next level. I'd really like to hear from male/females that do mud run events.
Monday, September 23, 2013
It's the Dirty Girls Mud Race coming up October 5th. My team is the Dirty Mudder Puckers, and we will rock-N-mud!! I invested in a good pair of trail runners, and they passed the fitness test today at the gym. I did box jumps, jump squats, and hard sprints ----- felt like I was running on clouds. I am sold! I am posting a picture of what they look like in case you need a recommendation.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Some of you will know what I am talking about when we discuss training for a Mud Run. This is my first run, so I am completely excited and wanting to learn how to train properly. I'll be running the Dirty Girls Mud Run 5K on October 5th. This run won't be too rough, but I want to approach it like it is the 24-Hour Death Race Mud Run. My team is called DIRTY MUDDER PUCKERS!! Ladies, there is still time to enter the race with me in the DFW area. Join under my team name, and we'd love to have you. I am providing some training tips that I have been adding to my daily routine 6 Tips to help you prepare for a Mud Run. This particular website is wonderful for workout training tips for fitness. Some of this weeks activities included:
- Monday -- Strength-Training with combo box jumps, squats, with light cardio between each set.
- Tuesday -- Nike Training with more box jumps, burpees with combo jump-back pushups, sit-ups of all kinds.
- Wednesday -- Yoga (and I thought this was going to be easy!!!! NOT -- had to leave after 35 min).
- Thursday -- Light strength-training, walking lunges, with strong cardio between each including SPRINTS!! I'll start adding more of these each day ----- I do not like to just RUN - Boring!
- Friday -- I will do more Yoga, but this guy is crazy! He bends like a pretzel and it is more of a power-Yoga --- so it will not be relaxing to say the least.